What “tricks” does dentistry have up its sleeve to beautify your smile?
- Cosmetic Bonding – This process involves applying a synthetic, tooth-colored material to your teeth to rebuild or cosmetically sculpt them into a new, desired shape.
- Crowns – This procedure involves reshaping the tooth so a permanent custom-designed replacement tooth can be placed over it to protect weak tooth structure or improve tooth appearance. The crown, sometimes called a cap, is cemented or bonded to the tooth surface and is often made of porcelain to look as natural as possible.
- Fixed Bridges – These dental appliances are nonremovable and serve to replace missing teeth.
- Full or Partial Dentures – These removable appliances serve to replace missing teeth.
- Orthodontics – This process straightens or realigns crooked or poorly positioned teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers – These tooth-colored laminates are custom fitted to cover the front surfaces of your natural teeth to provide a better color, texture, or shape.
- Tooth Whitening – This process involves applying a whitening solution or gel to lighten the teeth. It is a safe, effective procedure for some types of tooth discoloration. There are in-office and take-home varieties.
- Snap-On Smile – This is a plastic appliance that goes over existing teeth to change the shape, fill in gaps, and replace missing teeth. It does not cover the biting surfaces of the teeth and comes in and out for daily cleaning.
If you're in the northern New Jersey areal, please call us at 973-761-5090 to arrange for a consultation to discuss which option might be best for you to achieve a beautiful, healthy, new smile.
For information about other dental topics visit www.DrTav.com