crown, which is the reason that implants look, feel and function like natural teeth.
The benefits of using dental mini implants are numerous and address both the physical as well as the mental aspects of a patient suffering from the loss of teeth.
Here are seven specific benefits of dental mini implants:
- By replacing the root portion of the tooth, you are preserving the jawbone. When teeth are missing, the bone that once integrated with the root begins to melt away or deteriorate. The presence of having the root in place (original or implant), stimulates the bone around it thereby supporting circulation and strengthening the bone.
- The restoration of your appearance and self-confidence improves the overall quality of life.
- The positive effect the dental mini implant has on your jawbone helps to preserve the integrity of the facial structure. By preventing the reabsorption of the bone which would occur without the implant, the face will not suffer from a severe deformation of the facial features.
- By using implants instead of other treatment choices such asbridges, the teeth on either side of the implant are not impactedin any way. With the use of a bridge, the teeth on both sidesneed to be ground down to allow for the bridge to be cementedin place. This healthy tooth structure can never be replaced andthe long-term health of these teeth is compromised.
- Partial dentures have clasps that hook onto the adjacent teeth.With such anchoring, as the dentures rock back and forth, aninevitable characteristic of partial dentures, the anchor teeth receiveundo pressure resulting in a loosening which compromise theirintegrity.
- Oral care of dental mini implants is much easier than any othertreatments and only as rigorous as caring for your natural teeth.
- Finally, choosing dental mini implants over other treatments formissing teeth eliminate the need for denture adhesives, allow foryou to eat an unencumbered diet improving your nutrition, andeliminates the fear of being embarrassed when eating, laughingor just talking. Your new dental mini implants are secure, naturallooking and as good as new.
For information about other dental topics visit DrTav.com